Sunday, October 7, 2018

An Invitation To Women~

On Saturday Evening, we had the General Women's session of our semi-annual General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This conference had some beautiful messages from our women leaders and the 1st Presidency of the Church. We were encouraged in our role as women in the church, mother's in the home and as precious daughters of God. Our beloved Prophet, President Russell M. Nelson then asked us as sisters to follow the invitations above.  In a separate message on his Facebook page; he shared the following:
"I spoke to you dear sisters about your special spiritual gifts and propensities. Sisters, I urge you, with all the hope of my heart, to pray to understand your spiritual gifts—to cultivate, use, and expand them, even more than you ever have. You will change the world as you do so.
As a starting place, I extended a prophetic plea to you to shape the future by helping to gather scattered Israel with four invitations. This gathering is the greatest challenge, the greatest cause, and the greatest work on earth today!
My dear sisters, we need you! We need your strength, your conversion, your conviction, your ability to lead, your wisdom, and your voices. We simply cannot gather Israel without you."
I have accepted all of the above invitations. I will report back on how this affected my life. 
Therefore, to all you dear friends out there if you don't see me reading and commenting on your posts, it is because I am following the Prophet to not use Social Media for 10 days.
Love to you all! 

5 comments:

Debbie said...

i have disconnected from social media in the past when i am away on a trip. i have not been on my computer the past 3 days as i was away. i don't feel social media or my blog bring any negativity into my life, but quite the contrary, for me they bring joy into my life!!!

the other 3 are not something that would work for me or ever be a part of my life. i am always happy for those who gain happiness, strength and joy from their religious beliefs!!

Tracy said...

Thank you so much for this call to serve and grow in the Lord, LeAnn!! I love this list of things to do... a little bit each day can make such a difference! I've been thinking how to use the autumn and winter ahead, and how to focus more on my spiritual growth, and this to-do list falls much in line with that. Thank you for the encouragement my friend! :))) LOVE YOU, my sister in Christ!! ((HUGS))

Barb said...

Hi LeAnn!

Loved this post...loved Conference!! I love that, President Nelson is a true Prophet of God, and is inspired for our benefit and growth! I have been on the 10 day fast, and I love it! I'm not really a FB fan, but use it for RS. How ironic is that?! Love you sweet friend, thanks for your friendship, I cherish it!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Marsha said...

I just love Conference. I look forward to hearing the words of God, through our prophet and others that speak. Isn't it wonderful that we live in the time we do that we can tune in every 6 month to hear these messages!
Take Care - Marsha

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your webpage?

My blog site is in the exact same niche as yours and my visitors would genuinely benefit from a lot of the information you present here.
Please let me know if this okay with you. Thank you!