Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Like Fireworks, Nature's Colorful Display Celebrates The End Of Summer~

Autumn is here, and you can feel it in the air. I love this time of year. As this past month of September flew by, I could tangibly feel the end of summer and the beginning of fall. I love this time of year for many reasons. One is that it does display fireworks of color. It is a season of change. I love the football games, the hot dogs, hot chocolate and other fall favorites. This is a cozy time of year. Time to snuggle up with a light blanket and enjoy a good book. Soon we will add the light of a fireplace to this fun moment. 
Here are our last beginning autumn events. 

I love the photo above because it has my daughter and some of our grandchildren in it. My Daughter Tiffani hugging her daughter Sarah. This one warmed my heart. Upper middle is my dear missionary granddaughter, Sariah with two companions. She is the cute short one. Then there is my lovely Taylor Jo whom I cherish; followed by my grandson's Joshua and Jackson, who brighten my life. 


Here is our Grandson, Benjamin. He was playing chase on the playground at school and fell and broke his Collar Bone. He was so brave. When our daughter Jenni went to get him, he told her that another boy was in the office with him was trying to comfort him. I thought that was amazing. He later gave this as an example when he gave a talk in Primary about being kind. 

On September 11th, we attended a remembrance for those who lost their lives in the terrorist attacks on 9-11. Over 3,000 flags were representing each of the lives lost that day. On each flag were written descriptions of each of them and what they were doing that day.  We all shed some tears as we read these various stories. We had a great discussion of this memorable day with our Grandchildren. We told them exactly what we were doing when we heard the news report and saw the destruction that happened that day. It was a significant time to share our love for this great country and our patriotic feelings. 

I had another fantastic lunch with my dear High school friends. We have such a good time when we are together. If you heard us, you would think we were back in High School. We are the same except our bodies are not. 


Happy 9th Birthday to our Grandson, Benjamin. We had a grand celebration with him. We love having this sweet family living with us. It gives us an opportunity to attend more birthday parties. As you can see he had a great time. 
Next, our cute Great Grandson came over to pick up his birthday gift for his 6th birthday, so we had a spontaneous celebration. His sister Katalina is our youngest Great Granddaughter. Aren't they just the cutest. He had fun opening his gifts from us. 
We had a cherished moment with our dear friend Jean. She was a convert when my husband was on his mission in 1965. He and his companion taught, and then he baptized her two children. We have been close friends. We feel so blessed that she moved here from California a while back and now we can have more time with her. 
We attended the Soccer game for our Grandson, Joshua. He plays the goalie and is really good at it. Their team won 6 -1. It was an enjoyable game to watch. He is a very talented player. 
This is my dearest friend, Toni. We have been close friends for many years. When we lived in Spokane, we used to walk a lot together. Now we just have lunch and talk as fast as we can to catch up with each other. We both live in the valley and try to get together as often as we can. We never seem to be able to get through all the things we want to discuss. We are forever friends. 
Our ward had a fabulous craft night at our Relief Society activity. It was a fun night. We had some delicious appetizers and enjoyed a lot of crafting and visiting. My dear friend, Debbie brought her bird Bella; which was fun. 
I find that my life is filled with family and friends and that is precisely how it should be. I feel so blessed, and this was a delightful month. I'm looking forward to some spectacular times in October. I am sure we will have a few scary people surrounding us on Halloween. 
(From left) Sister Bonnie H. Cordon, Young Women General President; Sister Jean B. Bingham, Relief Society General President; and Sister Joy D. Jones, Primary General President, meet in the Relief Society Building in Salt Lake City on September 4, 2018.  Photo by Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News.
On Saturday Evening we have our Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints General Women's Conference. All the women, young women and girls age 8 are invited to attend. It is broadcast throughout the world. Here we receive beautiful messages for our day to help us as we raise children, work, or whatever stage we may be in. This is one of the largest women's organizations in the world. The General Presidency above travel and serve throughout the world.  Here is a link for this meeting.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will hold it's 188th Semi-Annual General Conference on Saturday, October 6th and Sunday, October 7th. The sessions are held at 10 am and 2 pm MST. 
This conference is broadcast throughout the world; here is the link for this conference. 
#LDSConference 
Here we are privilege to watch and listen to our beloved Prophet, President Russel M. Nelson, and the 12 Apostles along with other general authorities of the church. We believe that our Prophet is the prophet to the world and that our church is lead by our Savior, Jesus Christ. I invite you to tune in  and hear a Prophet's voice. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Des plus belles histoires et actualit?s qui buzzent.

Barb said...

Hi LeAnn!

I always love reading your posts...you have had a busy few months!! I've said it before, those grands kids just keep growing up, I can hardly believe that Sariah is on a mission, I remember so clearly the week they brought her home from the hospital!! She is just beautiful! And of course our sweet Taylor Jo, could she be anymore special?! And Tiffani and Sarah, what a precious photo! Your cute grandsons look like they know how to have fun. And that adorable, Benjamin, what a darling boy and a cute story. I hope he healed up quickly.

All the sweet photos of you and Roger just make me smile! I really miss seeing the two of you.

I have so enjoyed my day of General Conference and all the inspired changes...what a blessing! I know that you guys are on the run, but know that I love you and treasure your friendship. Thank you for being such a wonderful mother to my sweet daughter, she loves you as well.

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Debbie said...

your life is rich leann, you have so many wonderful blessings to share and i am so glad you share them here!!
the grands look good, even little benjamin looks happy to pose for a picture!! and it does not appear he had any trouble opening those birthday presents!!

it sounds like you had a beautiful 9/11 remembrance, our town did as well!!!

Christy Monson said...

Last weekend was so wonderful. We had kids here from Oregon and Idaho. We had so much fun. We went to the Sunday morning session. What a privilege it is to have Prophets and Apostles on the earth today. We are so blessed. Lots and lots of love, Christy