Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Woman of Faith - Drink deeply of the Living Water -


I like to collect articles, poems, thoughts, quotes and etc. Yesterday, I located the book that I keep these items in and thought I would like to share a portion of  beautiful thoughts by Margaret D. Nadauld former YW General President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - Oct. Conf. 2002

May you enjoy reading these words and realizing how much Heavenly Father loves each of you for the woman of faith that you are.

"A woman of faith is confident because she understands the divine plan of our Heavenly Father and her role to bless lives. She is confident that any sacrifice she makes is worth something in an eternal sense. She knows about sacrifice from knowing of the life of the Savior. She knows that her sacrifices may be small by comparison, but she knows that Heavenly Father understands and values what she does to strengthen her home and her family and the world in which she lives. Her confidence grows because she is virtuous and lovely and gracious, which is even better than beautiful. She has pure motives. She is loving and gentle and kind. The hearts of her husband and her children safely trust in her.3 And so do the children or youth or women that she has been called to teach, lead, serve, and love—they are drawn to her because of that special spirit that she radiates. It is the image of God that she has in her countenance that is appealing and important.4 She is confident that she is fashioning a character and a record of performance that will be invited to stand in the presence of her Heavenly Father. She will be able to do so with the sense that she fully belongs there, that she is known by Him and loved and valued and treasured forever and always.
A woman of faith trusts God...She knows of his interest in her life. She knows that he knows her. She loves His words and drinks deeply of the Living Water."



5 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful leAnn,my desire is to be this woman of faith, and to continually drink from these Living Waters.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Sue

Susan Anderson said...

Lovely words and thoughts.

=)

PS. You will like the faith-promoting story on my blog today.

Marie Rayner said...

I loved this Leanne. I enjoy all your posts though. xxoo

singing/granny said...

Thanks Leann! I love Sister Nadauld. I met her on the elevator at BYU Women's Conference one year. She is a lady of faith! And beautiful from the inside out.

Barb said...

Hi LeAnn!

What a lovely and thought provoking post! What a wonderful way to end my day - it's always nice to end with a good verse or thought, don't you think? You really exemplify a woman of faith to me - you have all of those qualities sweet friend.

I posted about our sweet Ave today - I borrowed some of what you put on your blog about her journey. Doesn't that all seem like it was so long ago? When I read your blog, I thought of Amber. She certainly did endure with faith!

Much love,
Barb