Friday, October 29, 2021

God's Eternal Plan!

 


Have you ever laid on the soft grass at night and looked up in the heavens and wondered where you came from? Even nature, animals, mountains, trees, flowers, and even the smallest creatures denote a God. I see it in the organization of all life. 

Even as a young child, I had an inquisitive mind. I had a desire to understand and find out;  Who I am? Where did I come from? What is my purpose? Then the biggest question of all; Where am I going after this life. 

As I grew and learned more, I had a firm belief that I now knew the answer to these questions. So, today, I take a moment to explain; Who am I I? and Where Did I Come From. 

I will expand on these thoughts in future writings. I believe that there was a plan for us all. A plan of happiness was formed and agreed upon by us all in our pre-existence or Pre-mortality state. 

Here is a portion of one of my favorite poems - 

Our birth is but asleep and forgetting by William Wordsworth

Our birth is but asleep and a forgetting:
The Soul that rises with us, our life's Star,
Hath had elsewhere its setting,
And cometh from afar:
Not in entire forgetfulness,
And not in utter nakedness,
But trailing clouds of glory do we come
From God, who is our home:
Heaven lies about us in our infancy!

 First Presidency (Joseph F. Smith, President) - 1909 

"All men and women are in the similitude of the universal Father and Mother and are literally the sons and daughters of Deity. ... The doctrine of the pre-existence -revealed so plainly, particularly in latter days, pours a wonderful flood of light upon the otherwise mysterious problem of man's origin.

 It shows that man, as a spirit, was begotten and born of heavenly parents, and reared to maturity in the eternal mansions of the Father, prior to coming upon the earth in a temporal body to undergo an experience in mortality. ... Man is the child of God, formed in the divine image and endowed with divine attributes, and even as the infant of an earthly father and mother is capable in due time of becoming a man, so the undeveloped offspring of celestial parentage is capable, by experience through ages and eons, of evolving into a God. (“Origin of Man, November 1909" Messages of the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 6 vols. comp. James R. Clark, comp., [1965-75), 4:203 -6; emphasis added).

I know that we all were raised by Heavenly Parents and knew our Elder Brother Jesus Christ. I love this picture that depicts what it may be like in our Pre-Mortal life. Have you ever connected with a friend and felt you knew them before? I have. We are all spiritual brothers and sisters. Many of us may have been close friends in our pre-earth life, and even covenanted with one another to find each other while on earth. At least, I like to think that.

 

We can then all say, we are children of God. I am a child of God. I know that and feel it deep within my soul. 

I believe that in the pre-mortal state, we committed - even covenanted --Premortally with our Heavenly Father to do various things on earth. So, let me ask you a question: What were you born to do?

Sister Wendy Watson Nelson said the following in a talk entitled: "Hope of Israel).

"How I wish you could watch a 10-minute video of your premortal life on YouTube. I believe if you could see yourself living with your Heavenly Parents and with Jesus Christ; if you could observe what you did Premortally and see yourself making commitments - even Covenants - with others, including your mentors and teachers; if you could see yourself courageously responding to attacks on truth and valiantly standing up for Jesus Christ, I believe that every one of you would have the increased power, increased commitment, and eternal perspective to help you overcome any and all of your confusion, doubts, struggles, and problems. All of them! I believe if you could remember who you said you would help, you would find them. Premortally, you and I committed to do a great work while we are here on earth. And, with the Lord's help, we will do it. 

May this touch your heart. The next time, I will be focusing on our Mortal life. Maybe ask yourself the following questions. What did I promise to do while on this earth? What is my purpose? 

Here is a short video on our pre-earth life to enjoy!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Sweet LeAnn~

Love you dear friend...thinking of you and your wonderful family. Beautiful post.

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Debbie said...

gods eternal plan, such an important part of your life and beliefs, giving you strength. i have laid on the grass at night, i look at the stars and always hope to see a shooting star. i enjoy the beauty of it all, it is a special part of the world the so many people don't notice or appreciate!! i still have an inquisitive mind!!

i am not sure my purpose in life?!