Friday, September 6, 2019

A Wonderful Summer Comes To A Close~


I can hardly believe that the summer has ended and fall is here. Where did the time go? Wait, I want more summer fun. Here are the highlights of my last days of summer. 

August 1st started out with a trip to the dentist for that fun annual cleaning. A comprehensive check-up, no cavities. 
I had a great time attending my sweet friend, Aurea's baby shower. She is expecting a boy at this moment of time. I was so excited for her, and everyone had such a great time at her shower. She received a lot of fun baby items for that precious new little one that is coming. 
A few final moments with this fantastic family of mine. Now they are in their own home and busy getting it all put together. I treasure my moments with them; Jenni- Marie, Michael, Alyssa, Ben, and Emma. 
We had one of the worst downpours ever. Within one hour, the retention pond across the street from us was totally full of rainwater. If you could see up close, at least a dozen ducks were enjoying a refreshing swim. 
I had such a fun time at our monthly High School Luncheon. This was an extra fun one since we are in the planning stages for our 55th High School Reunion on the 14th of September. Most of these dear friends, I have known for 60 plus years. We have treasured memories and lots of good times laughing and giggling just as we did in High School. 
On August 16th, it was time to celebrate the 16th birthday of our grandson, Jeffery, and our oldest Grandson, Jed, turned 34 years old. How did that happen? These two are brothers who share the same birthday. We love these two boys and enjoyed our times with them. It was a fun celebration with Jed, Jessica, Jadyn, Lilly, Myah, Gillian, Jeffery, Joshua, and our son Sean and Mary. We missed on this day our Grandson, Jackson and also Jacob, Dana, and their two little ones; Sagan and Katalina. We also have a grandson, Joseph, who is serving in the Navy and Jonathan, who left for school at Dixie College in St. George. I hope to get some photos of them soon. 

This is what it was like when I was growing up. I sometimes feel sad that my Grandchildren do not get to experience this era. However, they are in one of the most significant periods of this world. They are preparing for the Coming of our Savior Jesus Christ. They are being raised in an uncertain but wonderful world too. I marvel at all they are learning and how intelligent and prepared they are to do great things. I know they are unique spirits reserved to come to earth at this time to do some magnificent work. 
Here is a smattering of some first day of school photos of some of my precious grandchildren.
 The photo above is of our cherished, Averi. Averi is a beautiful 16-year-old. She is blind and autistic and very talented. She can play the piano by ear, and she knows numbers like no one else, I know. If you tell her your birthdate or another important date, she can tell you the exact day of the year it will be on next year. She amazes us all. What we love most is that she is happy all the time, except for an occasional outburst of some kind. Everyone that meets this special one likes her. Averi has two siblings. Taylor Jo will be leaving soon to attend BU-Idaho with two of her cousins. I love that they are going to be together. Christian is working and also participates at BYU-Idaho. He plays the guitar and is in a band. 
Here is our Sugar City crew on their first day of school. They are a fun bunch of children that we always enjoy visiting. Kason, Karlie, Haven, Layton, and Ryley are in the photo.  Not pictured is their oldest brother, Austin who is serving a mission in Nebraska and an older brother, Ethan that is working and preparing to go on a mission. There is a married Granddaughter, Justice and in law Grandson, Jaxson.
Then there are these two Spokanites that we love and have had great times with. The photos are of William and Kaitlyn. Their oldest brother, Michael, is on a mission in Texas and their older sister, Sarah is heading off to BYU-Idaho with her cousins. 
Here are these two awesome grandchildren that lived with us for 16 months; Ben and Alyssa. They started new schools this year. Their sister is being homeschooled until September 10th while her new school is being finished.
Aww, here are our three great-granddaughters, Jadyn, Lilly, and Myah from Heber. I love that they are close and we can see them more often. They are some extra loving little ones. 
Here's that cute married daughter from Rexburg with her younger sister Haven. 
Next is our return missionary, Sariah with their new dog, Red. Sariah is coming soon to live with us and work. We are excited to have her come. She is leaving 4 siblings. Her younger sister, April will also go with her and stay for a while. Then her sister Abbey is attending BYU-Idaho with her cousins; Taylor Jo and Sarah. I am so excited that they are all rooming together. 
Here is a photo of our missionaries; Elder Adamson in Texas and Elder Williams in Nebraska. We are so proud of these young men as they teach about our faith. We love them for caring to serve as missionaries in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint. 
I'm closing my post for today with a photo of myself hanging out with my special fur baby; Sammy. He brings a lot of joy into our lives. 
I also had to share a picture of this beautiful bench. It is a gift from a dear young man that we love. His father made it for us, and we will treasure it forever. It looks lovely on our patio. 
Here are some favorite quotes I have gathered from these last days of summer.
 May you all have a fantastic beginning of the spectacular times that fall brings.  

6 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful family! I loved all the pictures.

Christy Monson said...

Thanks for a glimpse into your beautiful life and family. Wishing you all the best. Know I send loves and hugs. You are my sister.

Tracy said...

LOVELY to see these moments from your summer, LeAnn... and love the quotes!! :) GOD BLESS you & yours, my Sister-Friend ((HUGS))

Debbie said...

you are surrounded by some really special friends and loved ones!! avery is a beautiful girl, my son has never had guitar lessons, plays by ear and he too is amazing!!!

i LOVE the special bench and the poster of thoughts about the summers we shared. our summers were the best!! my son ate a shovel full of sand out of the sand box before i could get to him. he survived just fine!!

Barb said...

Hi LeAnn!

I always love catching up with you!! What a crazy, wonderful summer you had, so many good things happening in your/our lives! It's always amazing to me how much these beautiful kids have grown up, but I love seeing their photos!

Thank you for sharing your summer...hang on, because I think that, Autumn will be just as full!!

Love you tons!!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Anonymous said...

Hi there to every body, it's my first pay a visit of this web site; this web site includes awesome and truly fine data designed for readers.