Saturday, November 12, 2016

Come Unto The Savior - His Hands Can Heal You ~

The past few days I have had some medical issues. I am doing well but don't know for sure a diagnosis. There is always a fear of the unknown when different struggles appear in our lives. What I do know is there is one person who I can always depend upon and that is of course, my missionary and eternal companion. He is always there for me. Together we know that we have a Savior, Jesus Christ that can heal us. We know as we come unto Him and follow Him; He can reach down, lift us up and help us make it through the vicissitudes of life.  These last few days have  given me a chance to pause and really reflect on what I am most grateful for. I do have a Gratitude List. However, for today's post I want to to tell you what tops my Gratitude list. 
As a missionary  our purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. 
I am so graterful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that He is the way back to our Heavenly Father. He is the way, the truth and the light. He is the living water that can quench our thirst. He is the true healer of all mankind.  His life reflects his goodness. His hands healed the sick, the blind, the lame, the soul and the sinner.  He taught us how to return to our Father and Him. He loves us like no other can. He knows us and wants us to come unto Him. 
Through the atonement he gave his life for us that we might live again. He suffered for us in the Garden of Gethsemane  that He might know how to succor and lift us from any sin, pain and afflictions that we might have. He did it for us one by one. His atonement is infinite and covers everything. All He asks in return is to follow Him, obey His commandments and receive His ordinances. 
He taught us how to follow Him and do as He did. Through His Hands of pure  love, He taught us how to be His hands too.  
My Granddaughter, Sariah wrote the following Poem entitled: 

His Hands
His hands healed, and they raised the dead
His are hands, that loved and comforted
These hands were clasped in prayer
These hands washed feet with care

Hands that taught and broke the bread
In Gethsemane they wept, as He fervently plead
His loving hands were then tightly bound
Nailed to a cross, then raised above the ground

A testament of His willingness to obey
These powerful hands are now scarred
Our Creator's hands, still outstretched this day
The embrace, is from no creature barred. 

His hands will wipe away your tears
His gentle fingers are steadfastly reaching out
His humble hands will calm your fears
His hands are strong and unfailing, without doubt. 
~Sariah Workman


I trust in my Savior's love for me and for you.  Come To Him - He Can Heal You!
Here is a video of Christ's Atonement through the eyes of children. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Christy Monson said...

Beautiful as always. Lots of love, Christy

Debbie said...

oooh leann, i am sad to read about your health struggle, i do hope things go well for you!

you are lucky to have your faith, i know it gives you strength ~ and you have a wonderful, loving husband, he will always be your rock. listen to the song by martina mcbride, "i'm gonna love you through it"!! it's about having cancer but really the words could apply to having any illness!!!

you will be in my thoughts!!!