Thursday, January 28, 2016

Happy 70th Birthday To My Amazing Husband, Roger~

     Wishing my awesome husband Roger a very Happy Birthday Celebration. He turns 70 today and I consider that a milestone; a big one. I have been waiting patiently for my dear husband to be my same age. He is a baby boomer, I missed this popular age by 2 months. Since we are both 70 years old now; we are considered Elderly. I like the term older people better. I seriously can't figure out how we became old. We think and act pretty much the same as when we were young; but just a bit slower. Well, perhaps quite a bit slower. 
     I feel so blessed to be this very good man's wife for eternity. We met in High School and dated. He left on a mission for our church to Northern California and I waited for him while I finished Nursing School. He came home, we got engaged; 2 weeks later and married within 2 months. He graduated from Pharmacy School. We have lived in the following states, Utah, California, Nevada, Washington and now back to our roots in Utah. We have had 6 children, three boys and then three girls. We now have 32 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren. It doesn't get better than that.
I am married to an extremely wonderful man. Roger is kind, considerate, very intelligent, wise, a hard worker, the best of fathers, my best friend and most of all a devoted disciple of Christ. He has had some life threatening illnesses through the years but has always gone through them with grace and with great  faith. We have had our ups and downs as we all do; but together we have weathered the storms of life and will continue to do so. 
We are committed to our faith. We love our Savior Jesus Christ with all our heart. We know we have a loving Heavenly Father who loves us and all of His Children. We have loved serving in the our church through the years in various assignments. We have especially loved serving in the temple. We are now fulfilling a dream of serving our Heavenly Father and Savior on a full time mission for The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We are serving in the Utah Salt Lake South Mission as Member Leadership Support Missionaries. 
 

Since starting our mission three months ago, we have grown even closer than ever. We are enjoying studying the scriptures and other assigned reading together. We are having a sweet time visiting with various individuals and families that are less active in our church but have some interest in returning  and or do not know anything about our church. We have had many very spiritual moments thus far on our mission.  Our missionary purpose is to invite others unto Christ. I am so grateful to stand by this loving man of mine in doing this work. 
Today is a very special day because my King was born on this day and I am so thankful to be his Queen forever. 


Happy Birthday To My Wondrous Husband Roger ~
I love you so much and you are and will always be at the center of my Eternity! 


7 comments:

Marsha said...

Happy Be-Lated Birthday, Roger...........from Idaho!

Denise said...

wishing him a very blessed birthday

Barb said...

Hi LeAnn!

Happy Birthday, Roger!! I loved reading your wonderful tribute to your wonderful husband! You guys are such a cute couple! What cute pictures! He really hasn't changed that much through the years, still looks like Roger! Have fun spoiling him for his birthday!

I really love hearing about your mission experiences, you two are awesome, and I know you are great missionaries!

Much love to you both!

Barb

P.S. Please don't put 70 candles on the cake! Yikes!

Debbie said...

This is a very sweet entry Leann, you two are a beautiful couple both inside and out!! Happy birthday roger!!

Susan Anderson said...

What a nice-looking man he is. Happy birthday to him!

=)

Christy Monson said...

Congratulations and Birthday wishes are in order. Lots of love and hugs. Have a great day.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi LeAnn, I've been away from blogging a bit, but wanted to stop by and wish a belated Happy Birthday to your hubby. You've written a beautiful and loving tribute to him! Neither of you look 70 years old. I will be 70 myself next month. It's hard to believe as I know what you mean about not feeling that old. I sure don't want to be called elderly, either! lol! That's for "old" people...you know, those that are 90 or older. :)
Take care and have a nice week!