Thursday, April 26, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook ~

Be sure and stop by other Simple Woman's Daybook entries; they are very fun to read. Here is the link:
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
is a gray dismal day. I think it might reflect my feelings for the day. I don't have a good reason for feeling down; but I do. Perhaps, I am just really tired. The last two days have been busy coming and going from our mission area and other trips along with I cleaned my upstairs area; which was in need of a good cleaning. This morning during scripture and book reading time; I fell asleep so I don't know what the deal is. I am not even dressed for the day. Yes, this is a very slow day.

I am thinking...how about nothing. Have you ever tried to just think of nothing. My brain doesn't really work that way; however today may be proof it can be done.

I am thankful...for so many things; that I wouldn't know where to begin. My gratitude thoughts at the top of my list would be the Gospel of Jesus Christ, my Heavenly Father, my Savior Jesus Christ, my dearest husband and all of my posterity. I am grateful for wonderful extended family and for many friends. However, right now I am grateful for for being awake and breathing.

In the kitchen...I don't think I will be whipping up anything outstanding tonight. How about scrambled eggs in a tortilla. My sweet sister in law, Amparo made us some homemade tortillas to bring home after my visit with her. My children may want to come down just to have one of her tortillas.


I am wearing...a light green bathrobe and a pair of black house slippers. Ugh!

I am creating...nothing. Wow, I think that is my favorite word for the day.

I am going...maybe back into our mission area to deliver some papers and possibly visit a couple of families we are working with. That should perk me up.

I am wondering...why I am even doing a post today. That is a very good question??

I am reading... in 2 Nephi in the Book of Mormon. These are the chapters that are on the writings of Isaiah. I am starting to understand some of these important writings; but it is still hard to get through. Perhaps that is the reason I fell asleep this morning; I hope not.
I am also enjoying a book entitled; " Temple Worship" - 20 Truths That Will Bless Your Life by Andrew C. Skinner. I am still working on a historical series book entitled: " Light and Truth" Vol. 3 by Darryl Harris.

I am hoping...to get just a smidgen of ambition to finish the day.

I am looking forward to...nothing today.

I am learning....that it is OK to have a down day once in a while. I think because I tend to always be more on the optimistic side; it just feels worse.

Around the house...I can hear the TV on in the kitchen, cars going by and my husband shuffling papers.

I am pondering...on nothing right now.

A favorite quote for today...my Mother used to tell me when I was complaining of aches, pains, or feeling down. Oh, my finger, oh my thumb, of my belly, oh my bum". I would always laugh at that one. I am smiling.................

One of my favorite things...is to read a good novel. To just sit down and read for as long as I want; I haven't done that for a very long time. I need to make time for that.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Get out of bed tomorrow morning with a renewed spirit - Call a few friends I haven't heard from for a long time - Complete my immediate family pedigree chart on new family search - Prepare my schedule for the temple - Enjoy the weekend activities.

A peek into my day...actually, you won't want to do that one.

The sun is out so that should help me get up and going again!

10 comments:

Debbie said...

aww, we all have days like this!!

you need a walk outside with lot's of sunshine on your face or perhaps a nice bunch of fresh flowers!!

tomorrow, you will feel zippy, i can feel it!!

Darlene said...

It is okay to have a "down day" once in a while. It helps to know that tomorrow is likely to be a better day.

You really do need to take time out of your super busy schedule to read a good novel, one that is hard to put down, reads with ease, and is happy and uplifting. Forget those that are deep and tedious with heavy meanings. It will do you wonders to read one that has a happy ending. I usually have a novel going at all times, because I wouldn't know how to act if I didn't read constantly. I still have time for occaisional scripture study (although not as much as I should, I have to admit). I don't allow myself to read until after dinner, so please don't get the idea that reading is all I ever do.

I'll bet tomorrow will be a good day for you. I'll check in to see.

Denise said...

Enjoyed your daybook.

John said...

I enjoyed this so much. I didn't get dressed until after 3 today. Pretty pitiful!

Marie Rayner said...

You're allowed to have a down day once in a while LeAnn. I think we all have them from time to time! ((((HUGS)))) I would live in my PJ's if I could. Alas, I can't. I do tend to be in them by 6 in the evening if I am not going out though! I only read in bed for the most part as it tends to put me to sleep and I have far too much to get done in the day to be sleeping! Love you! xxoo

Susan Anderson said...

We all need a down day once in a while just to appreciate the "up" ones.

And I agree with my mom that everyone needs to read a good novel now and again. I do a lot of reading, and I don't feel one bit guilty about it as long as I have a productive day. (And I define productive in terms of having accomplished something worthwhile, which reading to nurture a drooping spirit definitely is!)

=)

Barb said...

Hi Leann!

You make me laugh - even when you are having a down day, you are funny!!

I have been feeling kind of low myself, I think it's the weather, it just can't make up it's mind, we even had some snow this morning! We are all allowed to feel kind of down at times, and not beat ourselves up for it. Put on a good movie, read a good book, take a long bubble bath, paint your toenails, go sit in the sun . . . but take time for YOU!!

I have been trying to read the Book of Mormon for a goal in YW. I just finished reading it in January, and then we had to start with this new goal again in March! I agree, 2 Nephi is a tough one, but I am learning to learn from it... :0) I just hope I can get through it in time!

I loved your mom - what a funny lady!

Have a wonderful week-end sweet friend!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I always enjoy reading about your day, LeAnn. I hope you got rested up, it sounded like you just may have been doing too much! Take care of yourself and have a nice weekend!

singing/granny said...

I wish you could have come to Women's Conference! Tomorrow I will share some of the wonderful insights I gained there. One of the best things I learned was....have patience with yourself! It is OK to take a break! You do a lot of good! The Lord loves you more than you know!!!! Melody

Unknown said...

I hope you feel more like yourself. I will be away from the computer for a few weeks, but please know you are always in my thoughts and prayers.