Friday, April 20, 2012

The Divine Design ~ Where Did We Come From ~

Our Great Granddaughter, Lilly

As you have held a new born baby for the very first time; what were your thoughts? When I have held each of my precious newborn babies; I have felt at awe. They were all so perfect. I counted each of their little fingers and toes and marveled at their tiny little bodies. Are they a miracle; yes, a profound one. These little ones were part of my husband and I. Another marvelous fact is that inside those little bodies is their spirit which was begotten by our Heavenly Parents.
I know that this beautiful earth was provided by a loving Heavenly Father for us to enjoy.  Everything that is part of this earth has been created in an organized manner and there is a delicate and balanced ecosystem. Even the Heavens denote there is a God who planned and organized it all.

I believe this to be true. So would a lovely Father leave the placement of children on this earth by happenstance? I believe with all my heart we came from a pre-existence into the arms of  parents that were chosen to be our parents and we were chosen to be their children. I believe that we lived among the spirits that would be our earthly family, loved ones and friends.

 I believe that our arrival on this earth was at the precise time that we were scheduled to arrive. I also believe that some of our Heavenly Father's finest and noblest of spirits were reserved to come to earth during this last dispensation.
Elder Neal A. Maxwell stated the following: "These are your days!" "you are in this time and circumstance by Divine appointment. God knows you and he knows what you have the capacity to achieve." (New Era, Jan. 1985)
Pres. Spencer W. Kimball said to the youth, "The  prophets in this dispensation have taught us that special spirits were reserved to come forth at this time in this last dispensation. You are among those very special spirits!" (New Era, July 1981)
Elder H. Burke Peterson said, "My dear friends, you are a royal generation. You were preserved to come to the earth in this time for a special purpose. Not just a few of you, but all of you." (New Era, October 2001).
Elder Gene R. Cook stated the following, "I salute a royal generation, the greatest generation of youth in  number and quality to ever live on the face of the earth. The amount of good that is being done by you is immeasurable. Your influence will be felt world wide before you have finished your stay on earth." (New Era, 1983).
Many of us will have children that haven't recognized that they have come to earth at this time for a wise purpose. Sometimes they may go off the path that you desire them to follow. However, remember that God, our Heavenly Father knows them and they have been positioned in your family for His reasons. Perhaps, a wayward child is not a parent's failing but your calling to nurture, to be an example, to love and pray for them and to never give up on them.The Lord has promised that He will encircle them in the arms of his love and they will return. You may also see that very valiant spirits are placed with weak parents and again; this is for a divine purpose. You may have children that are disabled and you will wonder why; but the answer is that God knows your child's needs and yours. Lessons will be learned and wisdom obtained through these special spirits which have been sent to your arms.  Heavenly Father knows us perfectly. He knows the choices and experiences that we will have that will help us on a path back to him.
I have had a personal experience in my own family. My Father and Mother were good and righteous parents that tried hard to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ. My two brothers took wrong paths; but eventually in their 50's and 60's returned to church activity and to the temple to receive the blessings found therein. Their children have been sealed to them and they are now an eternal family.
As each of our children have received their Patriarchal blessings; I marveled at what giant spirits they are. One of my children had been a very big challenge for us and we were  concerned over his choices, conduct and struggles. As the Patriarch placed his hands upon my child's head to pronounce his personal blessing; I was overcome with this one thought; "You are privileged to have this child in your home." Indeed, we were privileged. This child gave us many challenges; but we learned much from him. Now we see him as an outstanding young man and a wonderful father to his spirited children. I love that he has two children just like him. Yes, children are placed in your homes for a wise purpose.
The children of today are amazing. I see their strength as they bare their testimonies, leave for missions and go forth to fight for Zion's cause. You are an wonderful generation and God expects much from you because you were placed for this time and era. I desire that my grandchildren recognize who they truly are and what God expects from them in the hours before the Savior comes again.
President Ezra Taft Benson said: " in all ages prophets have looked down through the corridors of time to our day. Billions of the deceased and those yet to be born have their eyes on us. Make no mistake about it - this is a marked generation. There has never been more expected of the faithful in such a short period of time than there is of us. Never before on the fact of this earth have the forces of evil and the forces of good been so well organized. Now is the great day of the devil's power. But now is also the great day of the Lord's power...While our generation will be comparable in wickedness to the days of Noah, when the Lord cleansed the earth by flood, there is a major difference this time: God has saved for the final inning some of His stronger and most valiant children, who will help bear off the kingdom triumphantly...You are the generation that must be prepared to meet your God...The final outcome is certain - the forces of righteousness will win. (Ensign, April 1987).
Always remember who you are and that you were reserved to be the parents of your children and that your children were chosen for this day and age.They are here now because they were strong and valiant spirits in the pre-existence. I believe that we were strong and valiant spirits too and needed to be inorder to raise our children in this day. We were prepared in the pre-mortal life for this life's experiences by loving Heavenly Parents and our brother Jesus Christ. We are known by Them.  Our Savior has said; " I will not forget thee. Behold, I have engraven thee upon the palms of my hands." (Isaiah 49:16). Our Savior has his arms stretched out still; reaching to gathers us unto Him. 

Scriptures on Our Premortal Life ~

13 comments:

Debbie said...

oh that lilly is just so sweet. i remember holding my sons for the very first time, the greatest joy of my life!!

Kim-A Creative Spirit said...

Our children and grandchildren are definitely blessings meant to be ours..... I always love reading your blog and getting insight into your world.

Barb said...

Hi Leann!

I love your thoughts today! Isn't it a wonderful feeling to know that our lives are not just "chance", and that there is indeed a plan for us?! I loved all of the scriptures regarding our premortal life - each one testifying that our Heavenly Father knows us . . . personally, how awesome! My favorite is Job 38:7. I can just imagine all the morning stars singing together!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Mom of 12 said...

She is beautiful! I love squeezing a newborn. They have such a sweet innocent spirit about them.
Sandy

Marie Rayner said...

Leanne, I love your thoughts here today. I know all these things to be true. I wish everyone did. What a wonderful and different world we would live in! I, too, love the thought of all the morning stars singing together! Thanks for all that you share with us. xxoo

Denise said...

Such precious thoughts, bless you.

Susan Anderson said...

What a beautiful post, Leann. And that baby is beautiful, too!

=)

Court D said...

What a glorious thing to be fearfully and wonderfully made!

Galen Pearl said...

What a wonderful post. I read it and savored it. When we are struggling as parents over choices our children make--that's the perfect time to be reminded that they are gifts from God and there is a perfect plan for us and for them.

Lilly is a doll. I have a daughter named Lily with one L!

JennaK said...

I loved this post. I found you through Women Living Well. I was disappointed to see them criticizing Utah for not being Christian, but I knew it would come someday. Thanks for sticking up for us. ~Jenna

The Adventurer said...

I needed so much to read this post today...To remind me that God chose these children for me with all their wonderful and annoying qualities;) as I struggle to get them back in sync with our schedule after a month away.'

I was meant to read this today, I believe, Thank you

Court D said...

Why it never occurred to me that I was chosen for them, part of my feels unworthy and wishes better for them but God must trust me enough to give my two dears to me!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was
a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you!
By the way, how could we communicate?