Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


You can enjoy other Simple Woman's Daybook Entries at:Simple Woman's Daybook 

IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE -

Outside my window... there is a white blanket of fresh new snow. I love to look at the beauty of an early morning snow storm. I would love a white Christmas this year.  We lived in Las Vegas, Nevada for 7 years and of course we never had a white Christmas. Our first Christmas in Spokane WA; we were blessed with a sparkling white snowstorm on Christmas Eve. It was incredibility beautiful. I considered it a great blessing because I had missed having a White Christmas. 
I am thinking...of all the plans I have for Christmas and I need to get going at a faster rate. I have almost completed the presents and have mailed all of the gift to my children that live out of state. Next, is a day of making the Christmas goodies. I like to have everything complete a week before Christmas; that is my goal. However,what I really want to do is watch a good Christmas movie; of which I do plan to do. I am almost there!
I am thankful for…. countless things. I am grateful for this wonderful season of Christmas I especially love the Nativity Story. My favorite part of Christmas was when our children acted out the nativity story. Now we have our Grandchildren do that for our Christmas program.  I have a heart full of gratitude for my children, grandchildren, one great granddaughter and all of our loved ones and friends. 
The list of gratitude is long; but I am grateful to know that I have a wonderful life.
Here are a few pictures of last years Nativity Program - 

 Pictures of the cast

 
  
 From the learning room… I recently watched the movie, "It's A Wonderful Life". It is a tradition to watch this movie yearly. This year I was struck with the thoughts of; if I hadn't been born, how would that have affected all of those I love and what would I be missing? Number one, my wonderful husband, children, and grandchildren would not be mine; that in and of itself would be shattering.  I would not have had the kind and loving parents and brothers that I was blessed with.  I think about all of my dear loved ones, friends and even my friends in the blogger world that I wouldn't have had in my life. I thought about all of the Hospice workers and patients that I would not have had an opportunity to work with and love. I have been so blessed by being a nurse and working with so many people that have touched my life.  I have had many wonderful experiences in church assignments and have loved all of those that I have had a chance to work with or teach. All those mentioned have had a deep impact on the quality of my life. Most of all I would not have had the experience to enjoy earth life; including all the lessons learned and the moments of joy that have been felt. It is a wonderful life and I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for allowing me to have all of these life experiences. Life is beautiful and I love all of the gifts received of family, loved ones and friends. 
These thoughts were a treasure of joy that I felt and learned from watching the movie; "It Is A Wonderful Life". Add this movie to your list of things to enjoy this Christmas Season.
From the kitchen...I have big plans of making fudge, pumpkin bread, and cookies. Hopefully today; but probably tomorrow. 
I am wearing... .a very warm red bathrobe with blue slippers. I feel so warm and cozy; it is perfect for a snowy day inside.
I am creating...this blog post today. I have created my Christmas letter to be sent out tomorrow. 
I am reading...a book called; "A Woodland Christmas." There are four romantic Christmas stories in this book. So far the stories are great. The era is the 1800's which is one of my favorite.
I am hoping... to have a really nice day. My husband is home working which is always awesome. I hoping that we can cuddle up and watch a couple of Christmas Movies tonight. Another thing that I hope is to have more moments this year to sit in our living room together; my husband and I enjoying our fireplace, Christmas tree, Christmas music and just the peace of this beautiful season. 
I am hearing...the news on TV and cars going by outside.  What am I thinking; I need to go put on our Christmas music; I don't want to miss a minute of the Christmas spirit. 
One of my favorite things...is having time with my husband to just relax. I also love having our family here. Last year we had three of our families for Christmas and this year it will be just the two of us. I love being with him and with our family or all of them at the same time.  

Here is picture....  - IT IS A WONDERFUL LIFE -

 
ENJOY YOUR WONDERFUL LIFE!

6 comments:

singing/granny said...

I enjoyed your post today! I think it sounds so fun to watch a good movie! Maybe tonight! Thanks for all of your nice comments on my blog too! They mean a lot and I feel like we have gotten to be pretty good cyberspace friends. Merry Christmas to you and all of your loved ones! Melody

Susan Anderson said...

Sounds like you are having a good run-up to Christmas. I'm having an especially nice one, too. Sometimes you just feel the Spirit even more than others.

By the way, thanks for your comment on my blog today. Since I don't have your email address, I thought I'd answer here:

Anyway, I'm glad really glad that you enjoy my writing! I do have three books, but they are all out of print now, though some are still available on the internet. One of them (Awaken Your Spiritual Power: The Fairy Godmother Isn't Coming, ©1997) has a chapter on this very subject.

If you'd like, I could send you a copy. I have quite a few seconds of the book because the first run was messed up.

Just let me know if you are interested in having one!

=)

Kris Hannah said...

I love your blog. Your faith shines through each time I read your blog. How do you do it? :)

Thank you for the comment today. I don't know if youve seen the Houston temple, but I added some pictures that I am allowing others to use of the temple, if you would like, just visit this link

Marie Rayner said...

Oh Leanne, you are so good for the soul. I just loved your daybook and especially that lovely little movie clip of your grandchildren. You are such a blessed woman. I wish so much I could live closer to my children and grandchildren and that all of them wanted to be with me. Nevermind. God has a plan, right? Love you loads and a very Merry Christmas! xxoo

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi LeAnn, I enjoyed this post...I love to read about what my blog friends are doing! Sounds like you are right on track to having everything ready for Christmas and some time to enjoy it. Have a good day!

Hugs,
Cheryl

John said...

I love the movie It's a Wonderful Life. There is so much good to learn from that movie.

I love your blog too. You are so positive and active and do so much. Thanks for the nice post.