Saturday, March 9, 2019

A Remarkable Weekend In Rome ~



This is a historic weekend for The Church of JesusChrist of Latter-day Saints. I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We are excited that the new Rome temple will be dedicated this weekend by our Prophet, President Russell M. Nelson. The First Presidency and the twelve Apostles are all in Rome for this memorable occasion. 
The video above is a walkthrough of this beautiful temple, and you will learn many things about what we do in the temples.  
Temple worship is essential to our faith. You can read about why we build temples here.
Here is some information on how many temples we have throughout the world: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) has been a prolific builder of temples throughout its history. There are 161 dedicated temples (151 currently open; and 10 previously dedicated, but closed for renovation), 12 under construction, and 28 announced (not yet under construction).
Today our beloved Prophet President Russell M. Nelson met with Pope Francis at the Vatican. You can read about that visit here.
I wanted to testify to you of the importance of the temples in our faith. I hope you will take the time to watch the video and read the links. It will help you better understand our beliefs. I feel that it is important for us all to love one another as true brothers and sisters that we are. We can all benefit by learning about different faiths and beliefs and have the common ground of reference. 
I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father and a divine Savior Jesus Christ. They love all their children that are upon this earth. We believe in Eternal Families and that we can return to live with our Heavenly Parents someday. The temple ordinances are steps we take towards Eternal life.
I presently serve in the Jordan River Temple as an Ordinance Worker. I assist the patrons as they come to the temple in various ways. I love being in the temple. I love watching the patrons come in and see the joy on their faces as they do this great work.  A temple is a place to find comfort, love, peace, and answers to life struggles. It is a house of revelation. 


8 comments:

Galen Pearl said...

I so enjoyed the video. I loved seeing the various rooms and learning about what happens there. Thank you for sharing it.

Marie Rayner said...

WE surely live in interesting and very exciting times LeAnn. I really hope that the peole who come to visit your page will take the time to look at and read the links you have left. I just know they will be blessed in doing so. Love you my sweet friend, and all that you share! xoxo

Tracy said...

Oh, this is exciting! And how wonderful your President met with Pope Francis! Just love your thoughts about a temple/being in a temple... "A temple is a place to find comfort, love, peace, and answers to life struggles. It is a house of revelation" Amen!! We all need a temple, a quiet place to meet God and find ourselves in God. :) God Bless you & yours, my friend ((HUGS))

Christy Monson said...

I loved the video. What a wonderful world we live in--to be able to tour the temple and listen to a wonderful explanation of the temple. We are so blessed. Hugs, Christy

Debbie said...

i just wanted to let you know that i stopped by and read your post!! i do hope you are having a nice week!!

Anonymous said...

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but
I find this matter to be actually something that I think I would
never understand. It seems too complicated
and extremely broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I
will try to get the hang of it!

Mom of 12 said...

My dad, sister, brother-in-law, and nephew traveled all the way to Rome just to tour that beautiful temple!
Sandy

Anonymous said...

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would
never understand. It seems too complex and extremely broad for me.

I'm looking forward for your next post, I'll try to get the
hang of it!