Monday, December 24, 2018

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year From LeAnn@Living Waters~

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to our family, friends and those on blogging sites and Facebook, 
I wish you a spectacular Christmas Celebration with your families and friends. I love you, and  I am grateful for you and the impact your friendship has had on my life. It amazes me how much I learn from you in various circumstances. It may be a phone call, text, email or thoughts on social media that I feel the connection with you. When you are sad, struggling, happy, or elated; I love reading or hearing about your life and what you are doing. I have learned many great lessons of life from each of you in some way. You have deeply blessed me by being my friend. 
This year has been a growing one for me. I have had many life experiences with family, friends, and in the calling, I have in my church. My love for people has increased ten-fold as I have had opportunities to serve in some way. 
I love being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I love the special moments I get to serve in assignments and especially in the Jordan River Temple.
I am deeply grateful for my loving husband and our family. Each of our children, spouses, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren hold a special place in my heart. 
I am so grateful for this marvelous time of year when we worship and remember the divine birth of Jesus Christ. My testimony of Him and His life and purpose guide my actions daily. I want to serve and love as the Savior would do. 
Each Christmas our faith has an initiative entitled; #LightTheWorld. This year it was Light the World in your Community by doing something to assist someone in your community. Then Light The World in your families by doing something to serve within your own family. Finally, it is Light The World with your faith. Here you do some things to increase your faith in our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. This has been a fantastic adventure for us to participate in this year. 
As we approach the New Year, my husband and I are committed to making this an essential part of our lives. We know when we do these kinds of things our heart draws closer to our Savior and our love for others increases. 
May the New Year be a fantastic year where many of your dreams are fulfilled. 
Come and See!


Here is a unique story that I heard many years ago that I want to share. 
The Secret Of The Camel

The camel is an exotic animal.  It is not one of the most beautiful.  It has thick matted hair that falls off in clumps.  It has knobby knees and a big hump on its back.  It is referred to as a ruminant because it regurgitates its swallowed food to chew again, and then swallows it again.  However, the camel is a wonderful pack animal.  It is used for transportation in many countries.  Camels carry up to six hundred pounds and average twenty miles a day over rugged terrain.  They can travel in hot conditions and go for long periods of time without water.  They truly are amazing animals.  Regardless of its looks or mannerisms, a camel is loved by its master, for it is useful, obedient, and needed.
 Here is the camel’s secret…Each night, at the end of a long day, the camel kneels at the feet of his master.  His master carefully lifts the burden from the camel’s back so it can rest comfortably through the night.  The next morning, the camel kneels again before his master, and the master gently places the burden on the camel’s back for another day.  He is careful to rearrange things here or there if he sees that the pack is wearing a sore spot.  This enables the camel to carry his burden for another day.
At Christmas, we celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  Throughout His life, the Savior was referred to as Master.  He loves us regardless of our looks or mannerisms.  He desires for us to be useful and obedient.  May we practice the secret of the camel.  As we kneel each night at the feet of our Master, may He lift our burdens, that we may rest well and comfortably.  As we kneel each morning, may we realize that He knows of our pain, our suffering, and our sorrows, for He has felt them all.  May our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ be sufficient to help us carry our burdens…for just one more day.
Rebecca Pulliam, Aberdeen, Idaho
With love for all! LeAnn@Living Waters

3 comments:

Debbie said...

come and see - stunning music, beautiful voices!! wishing you and your family a very merry christmas!!!

Loralee said...

LeAnn, you are the dearest, kind, loving person I know. It is such a joy serving in the temple with you by my side. I love the lovely thoughts you have shared in your blog.
Much love to you, may the Light of Christ always shine through you!
Loralee

Christy Monson said...

Have a wonderful holiday with your family. Lost of love, Christy