Monday, November 28, 2016

Light The World With Service~



On December 1st, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is having a worldwide Day of Service; entitled: #LighttheWorld.  We are inviting everyone throughout the world to do an acts of service from December 1st through December 25th. Join us in this initiative. The service can be just a simple thing or perhaps a few bigger acts of pure love for someone. I will be posting inspiring videos, fun moments and thoughts about this on my blog.
 As a full time missionaries for our church, we are very excited about this worldwide event. We have over 70,000 missionaries, plus a large number of senior missionaries throughout the world that will be participating in this occasion.. We feel that we will have at least 100,000 acts of service on December 1st, which is the kick off day.  As others join us through the 25 days, these acts of service will be multiplied many times. 

Please join us this Christmas season in worshiping the birth of our Divine Savior by doing acts of  love and service for Him. His mission was to come to earth and provide for us many examples of His pure love through the service He gave and then the ultimate gift of love through  His Atonement. 
I love my Savior and want to always  follow Him. That is why we are serving a full time mission because of our belief in the Atonement of Jesus Christ. You can find out what we believe here
Here is a  link for 25 days of service ideas.
#Lighttheworld

6 comments:

Marsha said...

I can only imagine the joy that is going to be felt by not only those who receive service, but also by those giving!

Susan Anderson said...

Dave was asked to present this to our ward in sacrament meeting last week. Everyone was enthusiastic, and so am I.

=)

Debbie said...

it's funny how so much of christmas is about "lights" - this is a wonderful message about being the light. i always try to be the light, to pay it forward and make a difference, like you do leann. this is a wonderful message for every day, year round!

Christy Monson said...

I love service for a selfish reason. It makes me feel so good. Hugs and lots of love, Christy

Barb said...

HI!

I love, Light the World! I plan on calling my mom today and telling her how much I love her! Yesterday, I made cookies for, Amber and James and the kids. I just really look forward to each day, so fun!

Amber said that you guys had so much fun when they came down! You are awesome . . . love you! Thank you for being such a good mom to my daughter, she loves you too!

I hope you are doing well, you have been in my prayers.

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Galen Pearl said...

Great idea! And once again, we are in sync. I just wrote about being "repairers of the breach." Service is non denominational and universal. Can't go wrong.