Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Zion - The Heart of Utah's Colorful Canyons~



This past week we celebrated our 46th Wedding Anniversary in the land of Zion; which for us was Zion and Bryce National Parks. We stayed at a Bed and Breakfast In Springdale, Utah and enjoyed that new experience. We are not world travelers by any means. Most of our vacations through the years have been in Utah. We visited Zion park years ago; but never really explored it. We decided this time to see the canyons up close by walking some of the trials and driving the bumpy back roads.

Backyard of the Bed and Breakfast~
Scenery from the Balcony
Hot Tub
 
Day One - In Kolob Canyon~
Kolob Mountain Ranges~
Kolob Reservoir
LeAnn
Roger

 Hidden from everyday view we came across a seldom seen waterfall and pool~
A view from Kolob lookout~
A Tree to lean on~  I was a little nervous because
the tree was on an edge of the Clift.
LeAnn
Roger
A Cactus Flower ~
Click on the collages for a bigger view of the picture~  
 
Day Two -  6-12-13
We took a hike to the Emerald Pools. A two and half hour hike in the heat of the day ended at the Emerald Pools with the welcomed spray that fell from the canyon walls as several streamlets emptied into the box canyon. I was so happy when we reached the lodge and we cooled down and had a wonderful lunch.
 
Day Three - 6-13-13
For our Anniversary we spent most of the day visiting small towns near the mouth of the canyon. We returned in the evening to Springdale and enjoyed a wonderful dinner at the Switchback Restaurant. We had a great day!
 
 
Day Four - 6-14-13
We visited Bryce Canyon. I would have to say that the scenery here was the most incredible. The red rock formations were inspiring.The views were spectacular. We could see for miles across the canyon and into the valleys  below.

                                                            Day Five - 6-15-13
                               We pulled up stakes and headed south to St. George, Utah.
                                         On the way we visited a quaint frontier fort.
                We spent the rest of the weekend in St. George visiting some family members~
 

11 comments:

Mom of 12 said...

LeAnn, do you really live that close to me? I had no idea!
Sandy

Marie Rayner said...

What a special way to celebrate your anniversary! I loved all the photos. You are such a sweet couple. Todd and I will celebrate our 13th this year. I hope we have many, many more. Sending you much love this day and always! xxoo

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! It makes me want to go there!

---I came here from thoughtsfromthehearth blog!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos, LeAnn! The canyons are just gorgeous and tho I've been through the beautiful state of Utah and saw some spectacular scenery, I haven't visited Bryce or Zion. I hope we get to take that trip out west again. I'd love to see much more!
Have a wonderful day!

AmandaStretch said...

Congratulations on 46 years! We're just celebrating 6 months. :D

Debbie said...

What a great adventure and such beautiful images of your special time together!!

I really in joyed the spectacular views!!

Denise said...

Such beautiful pictures. Wow, 46 years, congrats. Praying you will be blessed with many more wonderful years my sweet friend.

Diane Stringam Tolley said...

What a fabulous trip! So nice to be together. I know what you mean. My Husby and I have been privileged to work in the Edmonton Temple. I still get a thrill when I see him there, all dressed in white . . .

Fawn @Happy Wives Club said...

Happy 46th anniversary! What a beautiful living legacy. And the place where you celebrated is absolutely stunning!

Susan Anderson said...

Just spectacular, all of it!

=)

singing/granny said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun! We went to Zion's a few years back, but I would love to visit again....without kids who did not like it much (Let's go to Disneyland!) Thanks for sharing!!! Melody