The Aaronic Priesthood is named after Aaron, the brother of Moses, the biblical prophet. Aaron was a leader at the time of Moses.
A man or a boy who is at least 12 years old can hold the Aaronic Priesthood. Men and boys who have this Priesthood can teach people. Some can baptize people. They help people remember Jesus.
The offices of the Aaronic Priesthood are deacon, teacher, priest, and bishop.
A male member of the Church may receive the priesthood and be ordained a deacon if he is at least 12 years old. He must obey the commandments of Jesus and the rules of the Church.
These are the duties of a deacon:
1. Pass the sacrament ~ Sacrament Meeting and the Sacrament
2. Give Service ~ Sacred Keys of the Aaronic Priesthood
3. Watch over and help members of the church and within the quorums of the Priesthood ~Aaronic Priesthood Responsiblities
4. Assist the Bishop ~Ways of Helping the Bishop
5. Collecting Fast Offerings ~ Gathering of Fast Offerings
To learn more about the Priesthood visit Organization of the Priesthood