Friday, July 8, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook - July 2011

For Today July 7th, 2011

Outside my window...it is sleep time for me and it is dark outside signaling that I need to go to bed.
I am thinking...thinking that I need to do a couple of more quick things before I retire.
I am thankful for...a lovely, fun evening with my children and grandchildren. Tonight we celebrated my grandson Jackson's 16th Birthday. He is an awesome young man and we had the event at our home. All of his family came and we have our daughter Jenni, son in law Michael and their 3 adorable children staying with us.  Lots of laughing, talking, singing, clapping, good food, and just good old birthday family fun.
From the learning rooms...learning a lot more about proverty and have such strong feelings of love for so many that have so little; and we have so much. I pray for Zion to come. I pray that I might become a Zion person. Most of all I pray that through our mission resources we can truly lift individuals out of the proverty that they are in.
From the kitchen...my husband baked two cakes for this evening. I know I am so blessed to have such a good man like him. He has been waiting on my hand and foot since my ankle surgery. I really need to get back to doing the cooking; he is getting to good at it.
I am wearing...brown capri's, brown and white blouse and no shoes. I should be in my night gown.
I am creating...a christ centered home; at least I am trying.
I am going...to go to bed and then get up early so we can travel with our daughter's family up to Idaho Falls to attend a baptism for my sweet little granddaughter Averi.
I am reading...a really good book called "Happy Like Jesus - Lessons From Jesus Christ On How To Live" by D. Kelly Ogden. Here is an awesome quote from the book. President Heber C. Kimball stated: "I am perfectly satisfied that my Father and my God is a cheerful, pleasant, lively, and good-natured Being. Why? Because I am cheerful, pleasant, lively, and good-natured when I have HIs Spirit. That thought alone makes me smile.
I am hoping...to be able to  love and help those in need while on our mission in the Inner City. My heart goes out to the families we have visited. I have great hopes that we can find the resources to lift them out of their proverty.
I am looking forward to our weekend with other children and their families.
I am hearing...the TV on, washer going and dryer going too. There are always last minute washing to be done before packing for a  trip. Gosh, it is only overnite; what's with that??
Around the house...I have quickly picked up after our Birthday Party this evening. I hate going to bed without the dishes done and some kind of order back into the our home. Luckily, I have a great husband and also my daughter who have helped get all this done quickly. We had sixteen family members here and many of them under 12 years old so there was a lot to pick up.  
One of my favorite things...to just be with my family.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Drive to Idaho Falls tomorrow so we can attend my sweet Averi's baptism - Saturday; back home in the late afternoon - Sabbath Day activities - Enjoying all of the family events this week-end.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


Us with our Birthday Day boy, Jackson

Sammy Just Hanging Out!


10 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

I'm glad you are getting such quality time with your family.

Happy b-day to Jackson!

=)

Darlene said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful day celebrating Jackson's birthday and it also sounds as if you will be having a great time for the rest of the week. It is so wonderful to be around family. I love it when any of my family comes to visit us. Unfortunately, they don't come often. It is usually up to us to visit them.

Also, I can really appreciate your working so hard to try to help people who are less fortunate than yourselves, especially children. I wish I could be more actively involved with that. I know it is something that would give me great joy. I'm sure it gives you lots of it.

Kim-A Creative Spirit said...

What a cool way to write the happenings, the blessings, memories of the day......

Be sure to stop by http://www.acreativespirit.com/2011/07/its-time-for-giveaway.html to enter my giveaway.

Just Ramblin' said...

I enjoyed you daybook and the picture of you with your grandson. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family. There is nothing better than gathering together with loved ones. Sounds like you have an amazing husband who is taking great care of you and baking two cakes! Have a wonderful trip to Idaho for Averi's baptism. My granddaughter was just baptized one month ago and it was such a wonderful, spiritual time. Loved the quote you shared from Heber C. Kimball. Hope you don't mind, but I am going to copy it and post it where I can see it each day.
Have a wonderful weekend. Nola

singing/granny said...

I enjoyed reading your comments today as we are heading back home. I share your concern for those who are struggling in this economy. My prayers are for them and you working to help them. Blessings to you! Melody

The Adventurer said...

Happy birthday to your grandson:) Enjoy your trip to Idaho and family time. Having family around it the greatest gift. Hope you are healing still praying for you.

Melissa N. said...

WOW that is so inspiring! You and your hubby ROCK! Thanks for linking up at NOBH!

Grammy Staffy said...

How nice that you got to spend time with 16 members of your family. What a joy...even if it does leave a lot a picking up to do. I am glad that Jackson had a nice family birthday with all of you. ...and... how sweet of your hubby to bake 2 cakes. That is more than mine could do!

I hope that you enjoyed every minute of the trip to the baptism. I hope that you are recovering well from the surgery. I will surely be glad this time next week when mine will be over... ugg... waiting for it to come is not fun.

We did get to serve for a short time in the temple last week. We were only there 4 hours and they gave me all easy jobs... but I was worn out. However, it was really great to be back in the temple and with our dear temple worker friends. I will be glad when we are healed enough to go back to our regular shift and duties.

Have a great week... and keep healing. Hugs, Lura

Sistas in Zion said...

Love the way this was written, beautiful! Your days seem filled with purpose and joy.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a busy weekend, but time spent with family is always worth it!

Sammy's doing a mighty fine job of hanging out in that pic, too! :)