Friday, June 24, 2011

Enjoy The Moments!

 I had surgery on my ankle on Monday so I am grounded to my bedroom with my leg up and ice on the surgery site. My dearest husband is being a wonderful caregiver. I finally today have been able to walk without a cane; but I still have to stay down. I have a hard time doing this. I am one who will try to do something I shouldn't and pay the price. I am trying to be obedient; I need my ankle to heal fast. I don't want to miss too many of my temple days and we have so much to do on our mission assignment.
Depending on how I am feeling tomorrow; we are planning a trip up to Sugar City, Idaho to attend the baptism of my granddaughter, karli. We made a commitment to attend all of our grand children's baptisms so I don't want to disappoint her or break our commitment. I think I can keep my leg elevated in the car and off we will go. 
As I have been laying here I have been thinking  about my direction in life. I have mentioned before that I need to prioritize my time more. I finally feel that I need to make a decision and work hard to make some of my goals happen. One of the main areas I need to draw back on is blogging time. I love to blog and even more I love to read blogs. I feel like I am creating some very wonderful friendships out there in blogging land. I thought perhaps I will assign a number of blogs that I will read and comment on each day rather than reading a ton of them on just one or two days. I love to write and I am learning so much more about writing so I will continue to post.
Our mission at this time is  # 1 in my time allotment. So far I feel so good about the direction we are taking and have also felt that we have had prayers answered and that Heavenly Father does watch over us all and especially wants us to reach out to the ones that are lost and have great needs.
 I have also been thinking a lot about enjoying the moments in my life more. I use that term a lot; but I don't know that I practice what I preach. Life becomes so busy that I don't take the time to look at a beautiful sunset, listen to the birds singing, stop to smell a rose, and spend quality time with those I love. I love the Mormon Message below and I have been pondering the thoughts presented therein




Read the full message in 2010 CR Of Things That Matter Most by Dietier F. Uchtdorf 2nd Counselor in the First Presidency

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your ankle is healing well. -Greg

singing/granny said...

I hope you can go to the baptism. I found it easier to travel in the car and stay still than being at home where everything is calling to you! Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I am glad you like blogging because I enjoy reading your blogs. Melody

John said...

I've backed way off from blog reading too. 20 minutes a day is about all unless I wake up super early.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi LeAnn, I do hope you can go tomorrow and that your ankle heals quickly. Be good and do what the doctor says! I, too, think blogging is wonderful, but very time consuming. I love to read so many blogs but I just have to limit what I read some days. Take care!

Marie Rayner said...

I hope your ankle heals well Leann. I know what you mean about blog reading. I have to limit myself. I have a few favourites that I comment on each time they post (yours is one), but the rest I only comment on every now and then. I just can't comment or even read them all every day. I would be spending all day on the computer if I did! I am glad that you are going to keep blogging. I would miss it if you didn't! I love reading about your mission as well. I would so love to do what you are doing. Enjoy your granddaughter's Baptism! Hope you are comfortable on the trip.xxoo

Our Homeschool Reviews said...

Hopefully your ankle will heal up quickly and you will be able to get around more easily. I'm sure it is hard to sit still...I know it would be for me (although I am thinking the first day laying around would be nice) ;) Thanks for linking up to NOBH!

Grammy Staffy said...

Dear Leann,
I hope that you were able to go to the baptism. I know how special it is to attend these sacred events with our families.

I hope that your ankle will heal quickly.... but don't over do. I know how hard it is to be patient while you are healing... I am having a hard time doing it too.

Thank you for your prayers and support. I need and appreciate them. After being in bed for 3 months I can't believe that I have to have surgery now that I am starting to feel better.... Oh well, I know my Heavenly Father knows what is best for me so I should not grumble.

Have a good week. take care of yourself. Hugs, Lura

Kage said...

It is wonderful to have a husband to take such good care of you! I hope you are healing well and were able to attend the baptism.