Friday, October 8, 2010

NEED ANSWERS FOR OUR DAY AND TODAY FOR ME!

 As you know all of us are going to experience many different kinds of struggles, trials, opposition and etc. Just today I found out that my son has been laid off from his job. He has a family of 6 children still at home. Another son also has his job hanging in a precarious balance of possible job loss and he also has a family of 6 children. As usual I am in a prayer mode for all 6 of my children and their families. If I could list each of their struggles it would amount to a lot of deep concerns. We as parents will always face struggles and difficulties that come about because of the times we live in. I guess my greatest desire would be to be an example of faith in Heavenly Father's plan for each and everyone of us and in that comes the decision although hard at times to accept the Lord's will. I know that prayers are heard, prayers are answered and comfort and peace will come.
My dearest friend Toni sent me this as an email from her new Stake Relief Society Presidency. It brought deep comfort to my soul on this day. These thought are from Sister Beck in the April 2010 CR. I pray that as you read this you too will find comfort in the answer to the question.
How does a woman in our day find answers to her own questions and stand strong against opposition and difficulty?

- It begins with a desire for the Lord's Spirit to guide us.
- It implies a certain degree of worthiness.
- When we do the right things, revelation can come hour by hour, moment by moment.
- Insight found in scripture accumulates over time, so it is important to spend time in daily reading.
- Earnestly seek help through prayer.
Being in the right places allows us to receive guidance.
Keeping the commandments, repenting, renewing covenants leads to the blessing of always having His Spirit with us.
- We are told to put our trust in that Spirit which leads us "to do justly, to walk humbly, to judge righteously."

We are told that this Spirit will enlighten our minds, fill our souls with joy, and help us know all the things we should do.
The ability to qualify for, receive, and act on personal revelation is the single most important skill that can be acquired in this life.
With personal revelation we can prioritize correctly and navigate this life confidently.

These excerpt from Julie B. Beck were given April 2010. 

My favorite scripture again is: "Trust in the Lord with all thy heart; lean not on thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he will direct thy path."
Proverbs 3:5-6


3 comments:

Barb said...

Hi LeAnn,

As always, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I really don't like the part of life that says we have to endure to the end!!

What beautiful thoughts - isn't it funny how these things come to us when we need them the most? Things will workout...faith, prayer and perseverance! We have been there so many times, somehow it all works out for the best!

Hang in there!

Love you,
Barb

Marie Rayner said...

Wonderful post Leann! We all have our struggles and I am so very grateful for the Gospel and all the inspiration, guidance and leadership our church gives us. Thanks for sharing! xxoo

Beth at Aunties said...

Beautiful post with a profound message of hope and faith. I love Sister Beck.
Your children are blessed to have a mom like you on her knees in supplication for them and their families.
I do bear witness that our Heavenly Father is so very aware of what is going on in each of our lives and even with these trials, wonderful blessings come. (A family trial has kept me from posting lately, and your posts have been a blessing.)
My prayers are with you and your family.
Thank You for always being a wonderful inspiration to me when I visit.:)