Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"I WANT THE LORD TO KNOW I WAS REALLY HERE AND THAT I REALLY LIVED"

We are presently in Sacramento visiting a brother. I will be sharing more later.
As for now I thought I would share a great quote by Sister Marjorie Hinckley.

 
                                         
"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with perfectly manicured fingernails.
 I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.
 I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing my neighbor's lawn.
 I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children.
 I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.
 I want to be there with the children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
 I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived." 
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

5 comments:

Laurie said...

What a great quote!

Joy For Your Journey said...

Ilove that quote!! I so much want that to be me too!

Dolly said...

Love this quote also...goes right along with quote I posted on facebook today:

"Life's not about getting to the grave in perfect condition-its about sliding in sideways with dirt on your knees, cuts on your hands and screaming "WHAT A RIDE!".

We think alike:)

singing/granny said...

Thank you! I hope you don't mind if I borrow that for my blog. She was such an amazing lady!

Corine Moore said...

That is one of my all time FAVORITE quotes! :D ~ I love it when people share such inspiring words... thank you! :)