Friday, April 16, 2010

The Miracle Of The Lilac Bush -

 OUR LILAC BUSH AND FLOWERS

This is the story of the miracle of the Lilac Bush. This story occurred at the end of September of 08. I am blogging this story due to seeing some pictures of beautiful Lilac Bushes and it reminded me again of the miracle.
I was feeling sad that my Lilac Bush was dieing. It had not grown well and had never had any blossoms. It is the only bush that I had requested to be planted in our backyard. Lilac Bushes always bring back memories of my childhood and especially my Grandmother's yard and her Lilac Bushes. I have always loved the fragrance of Lilacs. We had planted it next to our back porch area.
When Willie our beloved cat of 18 years passed a way in the spring; we buried him under the Lilac Bush with a few other flowers surrounding it. When our dear little Dollie was ran over we buried her next to Willie under the Lilac Bush on August 15, 08. At that point the bush didn't look like it was thriving at all. Even the plants by the Lilac Bush were not doing very well. During the month of September the bush looked like it was going to die. The leaves were turning brown and falling off the bush. The flowers were also not doing well. One day towards the end of September; I said a silent prayer that this bush could be saved in remembrance of these two pets that we have loved. We had been watering the plants and bushes on a routine basis; but I promised to water them daily. Lilac bushes do not bloom in the fall; they only bloom in the spring and rarely in the Summer. As of the first part of October the Lilac Bush has a few blossoms and the other flowers are looking good too.
As I have told people of this story they are very amazed. I have had some friends who have been over that I have showed this bush to them. They marvel at this miracle. I know that Heavenly Father answered my simple prayer and we were blessed to have this bush blossom to tell us that our sweet pets are doing well. I have always believed in miracles; tendar mercies from the Lord. 

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a great story! I just love lilacs, too. Thank you for stopping by my blog, I hope you will return...it's wonderful to make new friends and share stories with them.

Have a good day!
Cheryl

Barb said...

I love this story! I adored your little Dollie and Willie was such a sweet cat. I know that all our little furry friends are in Heavenly care. I like to think that all my lost cats are in Heaven chasing three legged mice! Isn't it wonderful that even our smallest and simplest prayers are heard and answered? Love you.