Friday, July 3, 2015

Summer Starts And Independence Day Is Here!

What is happening to our world and to this great country? I feel very disturbed by all of the conflict going on here at home and in other countries. We are all children of a loving Heavenly Father. We are all spirit brothers and sisters. We lived among each other in the Premortal life before we were sent here by our Heavenly Parents to obtain bodies and experience earth life.
We all have agency to choose how we act or react to the multitude of experiences that we will have while on this earth.  There was a war in Heaven before we came to earth and now it continues on down here. I find that so sad. 
I have noted in the last few weeks so much being hotly debated on social media. Why can't we all just get along? Yes, we all have different opinions and beliefs. There are so many issues out there. There are political issues, religious debates, racial struggles, and the desires within the LBGT community.  I think we should agree to disagree and then just be kind and patient with one another. I think we can stand for what we individually believe and at the same time have loving concern for others who have different beliefs. 
This great country was founded on freedom. We all desire to be free men and women. I am hoping that we might take the counsel above and "Be a little more kind, more patient, more loving, more optimistic, more giving, more compassionate and more charitable. 

This year on the 4th of July may I invite you to join me in making the commitment to cease our contentions and help to support and keep the Constitution of the United States viable. May we continue to be a free country where as individual we have our agency to choose for ourselves the path we want to take. May we protect this freedom.

A quick view of our special moments in June - 2015
On June 13, my dear husband and I celebrated our 48th Wedding Anniversary.
 We had a great weekend together. 
We traveled to a near-by Canyon and had a great picnic.
We had a fun Birthday Party for our Son Sean on June 27th- It was a great afternoon with this family. 

May you all have a wonderful 4th of July Celebration - 
My sweet husband and I are traveling to my home town to celebrate the Fourth of July. 
They have a great Parade and the last one I attended was 50 years ago. 
I was also in the parade as a young girl so here is a picture of that wonderful event. 

6 comments:

Marsha said...

I agree with you......I like your comment that we should agree to disagree and then just be kind and patient with one another.

Barb said...

Hi LeAnn!

Happy Independence Day! I hope it finds you safe and happy!

I couldn't agree more! There is no reason for hatred, unkind words or just plain meanness. We are all children of our, Heavenly Father, He loves us all.

Your pictures are beautiful, looks like you had a really great time, in a really great place, with really great people!

I would love to see you! Hope you make it up to Idaho really soon, or I make it to Utah really soon!

Hugs and much Love,
Barb

Debbie said...

It's wonderful to see you out and about enjoying time with your husband!! I love what you did with my picture, some tender words you added. congratulations on 48 years!!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I loved seeing your photos, LeAnn, and it's nice to hear about your outing with your sweet hubby for your anniversary. Congrats on your 48 years! Hope your Fourth weekend was a good one, too!

Denise said...

I love all of the pictures, and I love you. have missed visiting your blog.

Susan Anderson said...

What fun to see your photos.

And I hear ya about our country.

Whew.

"/