Saturday, August 5, 2017

A Joyful July~

To start out our month, my dearest companion decided to do some yard work. I had to laugh when I caught him in his missionary attire. Due to our missionary work we don't have a lot of time to work outside. He feels he has to grab the moments when he can. How I love this man of mine!
On the 4th of July, we attended the pancake breakfast for one of the wards we serve it. We had a great time and were able to visit with ward members and a couple of families that we are  teaching. 
This was our last District meeting before transfers. We always have a great time with the Elders and Sisters. After this meeting a few of them were transferred. 
Transfer day! On this day we said good-by to our sweet Sister Denison. Photo on the left is Sister Casinas and Sister Denison. Middle photo is Sister Casinas, Sister Denison and the companion she is replacing and her new companion.  The photo on the right is Sister Casinas, Sister Denison and Sister Williams

Here is our new Sister Cox with Sister Casinas. They were helping with a wedding for a family that we are currently teaching. 
Here are wedding photos I took of TJ and Aurea's wedding. I asked permission to post them. This was such an awesome event. This is a very dear family that we have been team teaching with the Sister Missionaries for a few months.  We were so excited for their marriage. We were able to help them get ready for it and it was a very special day for us all. They have three adorable sons that we care deeply for. There were a lot of friends and family that attended. His former Elder's Quorum President and now Bishop married them. 
After all the photos they went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple and had a photo taken. In one year they will be able to go to the temple and be sealed as a family forever. 


Bound in Heaven
President Henry B. Eyring
“The Savior in His mortal ministry spoke of the power to seal families in words to Peter, His chief Apostle, when He said, ‘Whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven’ (Matthew 16:19).
“It is only in the celestial kingdom that we can live in families forever. There we can be in families in the presence of our Heavenly Father and the Savior.”President Henry B. Eyring, First Counselor in the First Presidency, “Families Can Be Together Forever,” Ensign, June 2015, 4.
On July 29th, TJ was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ on Latter-day Saints. We believe that this is the first step to returning again someday to live with our Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ. We have had the privilege to team teach with more than one set of sisters missionaries. Here are all but three of them. This was one of the highlights of our mission. This baptismal service was so special and we could feel the Spirit of the Holy Ghost present. It was an ultimate missionary moment. 
Here are some snapshots of the program. The service was lovely. All of the missionary Sisters, Aurea and her boys sang. TJ was so happy you could see it in his face as we sang.

Here is the words and a video of the song~
When I Am Baptized~ by Nita Dale Milner
I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain. And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again. I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain. I want to be the best I can and live with God again. 
I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away. And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day. I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain. I want to be the best I can and live with God again. 
            


We had a great Multi-District meeting and these photos were taken. We have so much fun with the younger Elders and Sisters. As you can see in the photo below we do have fun. 
This has been a fantastic month of missionary endeavors and other endearing moment. We love what we are doing and enjoy serving our Heavenly Father to Hasten His Work!

7 comments:

Barb said...

Hi LeAnn!

Oh my goodness, what a great post! I love that you are missionaries! I love that, Roger works in a suit and tie, too sweet! You guys are such great examples, what would I do without you? I can see that the people and the missionaries that you work with really love and appreciate your faithful service. That sweet couple who got married are just adorable - I wish I could see them in one year...that will be a very wonderful step towards eternity for them.

I hope you are enjoying your summer. I know it has been hotter in Utah than it has here, I hope you are enduring it! Love you both...

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Christy Monson said...

You are such great missionaries. I'm so excited that you are having this experience. It's so very much fun. The joy of the gospel manifests itself every day of your life! What a blessing. We had two inactive we've been working with come to Church today. It's a blessing to bring the gospel to the lives of those your teach. Hugs and lots of love. Thanks for sharing.

Tracy said...

Hi, LeAnn! Your sweetheart looks very dapper there in his missionsary-wear while gardening. Mine thinks wearing a polo shirt is dressing up. ;) (I'm a bit slow to visit and catch up. TJ had some time off last week, and in between rain showers we were doing a bit of garden work.) While it's so rewarding what you do in/for the church, those transfer days must be tough, saying goodbye to folks for a while. But then, new folks come, so that is good too. It's all good! ;) So lovely the wedding of your friends Aurea & TJ and getting to know their family and welcome them in marriage into your church--very exciting! May God bless you all greaty as your continue to love and serve Him, and other too! :))) (HUGS))

Galen Pearl said...

That garden photo at the top is too wonderful. I don't think I've ever seen anyone in a tie using a shovel. And I loved the last two photos of everyone looking so formal and then relaxed and having fun. I can see that you derive such joy from being part of such a big faith community.

Debbie said...

oooooh i smiled when i saw your husband shoveling in his good clothes - i hope you were able to plant a beautiful garden!!

your missionary work must be so rewarding!!!

ps..i am still trying to recover, trying to get my mojo back! i'm sorry i have not visited!!!

Debbie said...

Hi Leanne, I remember reading this blog post, I was sure I had left a comment. I laughed at your dear husband in his shirt and tie digging a garden for you, that's love. What a dear, sweet, family you have I enjoyed your stories and images!!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Idaho! I'm bored to tears at work so I decided to browse your website on my iphone during
lunch break. I really like the information you present here and can't
wait to take a look when I get home. I'm surprised at
how fast your blog loaded on my phone .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G
.. Anyways, excellent site!