Friday, September 11, 2015

Remembering 9/11 - He Was There~


I would guess that most of us can remember exactly what we were doing on 9/11. I certainly remember that moment when I watched on TV the horrific destruction of the towers of the World Trade Center. My heart went out to all those involved in the search and rescue and all those who lost their lives that day. What a tremendous loss it was for our nation. 
Today my husband and I visited a Field of Flags memorial held in Sandy, Utah to pay tribute to each of those individuals that lost their lives that day. There are approximately 4 blocks of flags with tags on each one of them with an individual names and a little about them. As we went down one of the rows and read about these men and women; our hearts were deeply touched and saddened that they lost their lives that day. 
Below is a video that I hope you will take a moment to listen too because I believe that a kind Heavenly Father knew them all and was there and will always be there for us also. Have some Kleenex because your hearts will feel the spirit testify to you that it is true. 

Here is the Link: I Was There - September 11th Tribute~

6 comments:

Denise said...

bless you for sharing, love you.

Denise said...

I will never forget.

Barb said...

Hi LeAnn~

Oh my, how beautiful!! What a wonderful tribute to those who lost their lives. He was there, comforting, waiting, happy to receive those who were coming back home, and mourning with those left behind. Such a sad day, and one I will never forget.

Hugs and Love,
Barb

P.S. I hope you are enjoying retirement!! How's Rogers shoulder coming along - you are always in my prayers - love you both!!

Marie Rayner said...

This was beautiful LeAnn. We must never forget. xoxo

Christy Monson said...

Thanks so much for this beautiful post. Hugs

Debbie said...

A lovely tribute and beautiful images!! This was very special LeAnn!!