Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook Entry~ Happy New Year To You All!

For Today
December 29, 2014
Take a moment and visit other Simple Woman's Daybook entries; Enjoy!
Outside my window...it is a beautiful wintry day. I love the white fluffy snow that sparkles in the sunlight. It is very cold however which I don't enjoy.  
I am thinking...about what a lovely Christmas Season this has been. My husband always makes it extra special. We had a spectacular Christmas day together.
 I am thankful.... for so many blessings. I have a wonderful, husband, children and great grandchildren. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the ward we live in. I really think it is a Zion ward. We have so many good brothers and sisters in this ward. I have great friends both from my past, present and I look forward to making new friends in the future.  We also have our delightful Sammy. Here he is enjoying his Christmas sock.
I am wearing...brown sweats,tan tee shirt, brown socks and black slippers.
I am creating...this blog post. I am also creating some collages of our Christmas Celebrations.
I am going...shopping for New Year goodies and other food items. 
I am wondering...about the New Year coming. I am hoping for good things to come. Last year had a few rough spots. 
I am reading...The Book of Mormon. I have finished the first study guide and there are two more to go. It will probably take me this year and then I will start reading it over again. I love this book; it is my favorite of all times. 
I always love to read a good Christmas novel. This is the novel for this year. The story is in the 1800's which is one of my favorite eras. I am enjoying this one. 

I am hoping...to have a wonderful New Years celebration. I do have some children coming on New Years. James and Jenni's families should be here. 
I am learning....that I really don't have to do everything on my to-do list. There is always a tomorrow.
Around the house...it is quiet today My sweet husband is working away in his office and I am just doing this post. 
In the kitchen...there is nothing going on. I think it will be take-out pizza night.
I am pondering...how I might be a better parent of adult children and grandmother to my numerous posterity. I want them to know how much they mean to me. I want to have close relationships with them. I have been thinking about some ways to become closer in this coming new year. 
One of my favorite things...is to do family Histories. I was able to do both of my parents histories and my Aunt Della's. My cousin Mari came today and brought me the two histories  her mother recently completed. I was so thrilled to get these. My Aunt Alene is just so awesome. She turned 94 this year and she is amazing. I know that she is so happy to get this all completed. What a treasure she is. 
A few plans for this week: Our daughter Jenni and her family will be here probably New Year's evening; along with her brother James and his family will be here also. On Saturday our sweet little Granddaughter Emma who just turned 8 years old will be baptized in our Stake center. 
Here is our precious Emma~
After this we will have a dinner for our families that live near. It should be a wonderful start to the New Year.
A peek into a recent day~
Our sweet Christmas morning~

8 comments:

The Adventurer said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I so enjoyed reading your blog and thoughts about the year 2014. I look forward to reading about 2015 and hope you and your family continue to have many sweet adventures!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I always enjoy reading your posts, LeAnn. Thanks for being such a sweet blogging friend and leaving such nice comments through the year. Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year!

Eve | Inchworm Chronicles said...

The Christmas sweaters are perfect! Lol glad you are having a nice holiday! Your blog posts continue to encourage & inspire me. Your family is so lucky to have you in their lives.

Susan Anderson said...

Wonderful post. I'd like to hear more about your ideas for getting even closer to your adult kids and grandkids. I would like to do the same.

=)

Debbie said...

I always enjoy these LeAnn!! I enjoyed seeing your collages and the peaks at your Christmas morning!! Happy 2015, I am grateful for your friendship!!

Christy Monson said...

Happy New Year, my dear friend. Thanks for this sweet post. You have such a wonderful way about you. Hugs and lots of love.

Christy Monson said...

Happy New Year, my dear friend. Thanks for this sweet post. You have such a wonderful way about you. Hugs and lots of love.

Rachel Keppner said...

I love this peek into your life, heart, and home! I am wishing you a wonderful 2015! <3