Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook Entry - A Moment of Celebration~

For Today
November 18th, 2014
Take a moment and visit other Simple Woman's Daybook entries; Enjoy!
Outside my window... It is a beautiful sunny November day with very cold temperatures~
I am thinking...  that it is time to get my Christmas list together. I have some items to mail to Australia for my daughter and her family for Christmas. It is expense to mail packages so I will need to send them at snail pace. 
I am thankful.... for a very kind and loving husband. Yesterday, we celebrated our first date. That date was 52 years ago and we went to the movie; "Longest Day" with John Wayne. It was a memorable date and I loved that he held my hand during the movie. 
He took the afternoon off and we went to a movie to celebrate. What a good man he is. 
A Picture of us as teenagers - We did talk on the phone a lot. 
I am wearing... a green silk nightgown and a red bathrobe with black slippers; Christmas colors for today. 
I am creating...this post.
I am going... to lunch with a dear friend. Her name is Christy Monson. She is the author of a new book entitled; "Family Talk". I did a book review on her book here.  Check this one out; it would make a great gift for a birthday or Christmas. After lunch I am meeting my dear friend Toni for a few precious moments. 
I am wondering...how to accomplish some of my goals. I can't seem to find enough time in a day to get done what I really need to do. I need to clean and organize my home before the holidays. I did get my pantry and some other kitchen areas organized and cleaned last week. I just feel so busy all the time. I really just want to go in by the fire and read a good book. 
I am reading... the Doctrine and Covenants  daily. Here are a few thoughts from the introduction to this powerful book. "The Doctrine and Covenants is a collection of divine revelations and inspired declarations given for the establishment and regulation of the kingdom of God on the earth in the last days. Although most of the sections are directed to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the messages, warnings, and exhortations are for the benefit of all mankind, and contain an invitation to all people everywhere to hear the voice of the Lord Jesus Christ, speaking to them for their temporal well-being and their every lasting salvation". 

I  am studying The Book of Mormon, also. I do love this book and have enjoyed doing a more in depth study of it. 
I am trying to find the time to curl up and read my novel. I manage a few moments here and there. I am reading "Come To Zion - Fresh Courage Take" by Dean Hughes. I love this book and continually marvel at the stalwart pioneers that made such tremendous sacrifices for us to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ today.
Fresh_courage_take

I am hoping... to have a sweet day with dear friends.
I am learning.... how to make Green smoothies. Yesterday, I attended a demonstration on making Green drinks.
 My husband was recently diagnosed with Diabetes. It is mild and we think it can be controlled by diet. I would like to get more fruits, vegetables and protein into our diet; so learning to make green drinks and fruit smoothies is a good goal. We are working hard to have better health. 
Around the house...I am working on a few home projects before the holidays. We will have family here for Thanksgiving; probably about 14 of us.
I need to get my list going for the food and decorations. I am excited to have them here.  
In the kitchen... is nothing going on there today. I will be gone most of the day; so I it will be an easy dinner tonight. 
I am pondering... alot on Christmas right now. There is always so much to do and I would like to have a stress free holiday. Is that possible? I really want to focus on the true meaning of Christmas. I love the Savior and love the story of his Birth. I really enjoy Christmas music and I found one radio station that is already playing it. I love to decorate our home and I would like to get that accomplish after Thanksgiving. I enjoy good Christmas stories and always try to read a Christmas novel each year. I want to simplify our Christmas celebration with year. I  love having friends and family over; but I would like it to be less complicated and more of a small simple celebration with them all. 
A favorite quote for today... 
One of my favorite things...is to go on dates with my husband. We especially love going to the temple together. We also love to go out to eat and go to movies.
A few plans for this week: Time today with my sweet friends - Catch up day tomorrow and hopefully clean my home - Thursday, a sweet birthday celebration with my husband - Friday, another home cleaning day - 
Saturday, our temple shift in the morning and perhaps an easy going day afterwards - I always love our Sabbath Day together~
A peek into a recent day~
A selfie of my granddaughter Taylor Jo and I last week when their family came for a short  visit. I love this girl. Of course, I love all my dear grandchildren and great grandchildren. I love it when they visit.


2 comments:

Debbie said...

I always start so early because there is so much to do, I like to stretch things out so I enjoy it more!!

It's freezing here at the shore today as well, more like freezing!!

I remember our first date just like it was yesterday, sweet memories!!

singing/granny said...

Sounds like a fun day! I also went to lunch...with my daughter. So I guess we both had a good day!!! Your first date with your husband sounds fun. Our first movie (although not our first date) was Camelot. I always love your posts! Have a great evening! Melody